2014 CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS COMPLETION
All referees who want to officiate this year must do the following:
1) Register as a Great Plains/USAV member
2) Pass a USA Volleyball background screening
3) Complete a clinic
1) Either the in-person one that was held on January 5 at Ralston High School or
2) Complete all of the modules listed in your certification type in the online training system. (Click [HERE] for instructions)
4) Register for the appropriate certification level online clinic.
1) Great Plains Provisional Referee - Yrs 1 & 2 (new officials)
2) Great Plains Provisional Referee - 3 + Years (if you are in your 3rd year or more as a Provisional)
3) Great Plains Regional Referee - (if you have been officially given a Regional Certification)
5) Complete the referee test – Form A for Regional level referees and Form C for all Provisional referees. The test will be one of the modules within the clinic you register for. When you have completed the referee test, send an email to Bill Stanley, so he can note the completion in your record.
6) Complete the ‘C’ scoring test (either in person at the clinic on Jan 5) or as one of the online modules.
7) Complete 2 scoresheets (one should have been completed at the in person clinic on Jan. 5). The second scoresheet must be completed and turned in by Feb 1. Scoresheets are to be sent to the Great Plains office (7515 Main St, Ralston, 68127). They may be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 402-593-9760.
8) Complete the required number of observations/ratings. Referees are not paid for the observation/rating matches.
1) No referees will be paid for matches until their requirements are complete.
2) Your certification will not show as current until you have completed all of the requirements.
3) After February 2, 2014 you will not be assigned to matches until all certification requirements have been met. After that date, if you have completed the registration, clinic, and exam requirements, you may notify the Great Plains office if you want to be assigned to a tournament specifically to complete any remaining observations or scoresheets.
All certification requirements must be completed by March 16, 2014.
You are using an outdated browser. Sorry, this web site doesn't support Internet Explorer 6. To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or other web browser. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. It is completely free for download: